Gunnison Giddyup

The Student News Site of Gunnison High School

Gunnison Giddyup

Gunnison Giddyup

Scoreboard

LULAC Volunteers at Grand Junction Food Bank of the Rockies

The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) traveled to Grand Junction to help at the Food Bank Of The Rocky Warehouse on Tuesday,October 24. LULAC volunteered at the Food Bank Of The Rocky Warehouse because it’s the main distributor on the Western Slope. The local Gunnison Food Bank receives food from this distribution center. The reason this food bank was chosen to volunteer at  was because it is a larger food bank where LULAC can bring 14 people to come and help,unlike here where LULAC can only bring one or three students. It is also to see which town’s food bank gets the most help. There were 10 LULAC members that went to the food bank.  When LULAC got to the foodbank, the food bank employees showed LULAC where everything was getting distributed. They also showed LULAC how everything was getting packed and sent. LULAC helped at the foodbank for two  hours doing multiple jobs like dehydrating apples, packaging fruits, dairy, and produce. 

Maria Sabas Agulair said this about the field trip. “ It made me feel good because I got to help out families in need and we made a record with how many boxes we made. We also got to spend more time with the LULAC crew and Mrs.Drendal is the best. And the best part of it is that we got to go to the mall”.