Gunnison Giddyup

The Student News Site of Gunnison High School

Gunnison Giddyup

Gunnison Giddyup

Scoreboard

Beauty and The Beast Underway!

Rehearsal’s happening daily

The play, Beauty and the Beast, which is being cast by Gunnison High School (GHS) students, will be performed on December 8th at 7:00 PM, December 9th at 5:00 PM, December 15th and 7:00 PM, and December 16th at 5:00 PM. More than 15 actors in the play have auditioned for the roles in the Beauty and The Beast. Julia Wilson, who is a local community member, and Sonny Freeman, who is a parent of several students at the school, who are community members and parents of the play’s actors are the directors of the show. , practice will happen after school every day from 4 P.M. to 6 P.M.  until the show begins. 

The cast list was published on September 29th. Our main character roles for the play are Karma Freeman playing Belle, Jonathan Robinson playing the Beast, and Ben Sergo as Gaston. 

“Reading the music is super fun too,” said Ben. The play will also consist of a musical where the cast will be singing and dancing in the play.

“It has been a long time since we had a good musical, we are excited this year, and these kids deserve it,” said Sonny Freeman. Sonny Freeman might consider setting up a free showing as their dress rehearsal for the students at GHS. They are getting their blocking done, with some music worked through, and they will be ready.

Therefore, the students are continuing to practice every day, making sure the show will come out as successful, not only for students but for parents and teachers, as well. They all hope for many audience members to come and watch their performances.