Gunnison Giddyup

The Student News Site of Gunnison High School

Gunnison Giddyup

Gunnison Giddyup

Scoreboard

GHS Student Enjoys Singing

Despite the small choirs and challenging rhythms, this student would rather be in two choirs than any other class.
Kamryn Noble
Ben and Ms. Jaugegui posing outside of the choir room.

The only male in the concert choir, Benjamin Sergo, a sophomore at Gunnison High School, is trying his hardest to be in both choirs for the 2023-2024 school year. 

Ben has always been passionate about singing so when he got into middle school, he joined the choir. He loved Mr. Coronado but unfortunately, Coronado moved away to Grand Junction and Ms. Jauregui took his spot. Ben still loves the class and even the teacher. “Choir is fun for me and I get to experience  different ages and levels of singing.” Ben says. 

Choir is always a different experience for everyone. However, when Ben is in class, it’s always better. “Ben is such a good singer and he’s funny and fun to be around. He is super helpful too!” Mia Rodriguez exclaims, another GHS student in the concert choir says “I love Ben, he’s amazing and he’s honestly the class clown but he is a good leader. I love that he is in both choirs and I love the fact that he wants to push himself to be a better singer.” The choir director, Ms. Jauregui vocalized.

Benjamin has been in choir for nearly 4 years. He has a lot of experience with rhythms, high notes and low notes and volume. Ben is currently a sophomore. He was in mens and womens choirs 6th through 8th grade. His experience includes membership of the concert choir from the very beginning of high school, and he joined show choir in the second semester of his freshman year.