StuCo elections name new leaders

Koch named Student Body President, Bjornstad VP

StuCo elections name new leaders

The Gunnison High School (GHS) Student Council (StuCo) has named its new leaders for the 2021-2022 school year. Elections were held throughout early October, resulting in a new executive board, as well as class presidents for the sophomore through senior class.

Senior Zoe Koch will act as the new Student Body President and Emma Bjornstad will accompany Koch in the Vice President position.  For a complete run-down of election winners, see below:

Student Body President

“I’m so excited to be the student body president this year, and represent our school and the student body! I have very high hopes for this year and its events!” – Zoe Koch

Student Body Vice President

“Hi, I’m Emma Bjornstad, a senior at GHS, and have been a part of the student council for 2 years. I’m excited to be the student body vice president!”

Secretary and Treasure

“I’m super excited to be a part of the executive board this year. I have been a member of student council for the past three years and have high hopes for this year.” – Riley Murphy

Historian and Media Liaisons

“As the media liaison and historian alongside Elli, I will continue to communicate and collaborate with clubs and sports to spread the word on upcoming events. I hope to help the next generation of student council members improve each year in the quality of games and events.” Spencer is a senior and loves basketball.

“Hi, my name is Elianne Fisher. As historian and media liaison, I want to make sure that our student council can become a council of excellence this year!”

Senior Class President

“I am excited to serve my class and the whole school. Throughout this year I hope that the senior class leaves a positive legacy within the school.” – Rory Dawson

Junior Class President

” I am Cooper Keating and I’m junior class president. This school year I plan on fundraising for prom and the class of 2023’s graduation.”

Sophomore Class President and Freshmen Liaison

“As sophomore class president and freshmen liaison, I will make sure that the underclassmen have a voice in the school. This year I plan on making sure that underclassmen are more involved in the school.” – Allie Schwartz